Make Display Ads More Readable
1. Never use smaller than 10 point type.
2. Use one typeface throughout for the body copy. A different typestyle is okay or even desirable for headlines and subheads.
3. Break up long blocks of copy.
4. Avoid the use of reversed copy because it's more difficult to read.
5. Use an even or "justified" left-hand margin.
6. Avoid printing text over illustrations or over design elements.
7. Use italics sparingly.
8. When paragraphs are not indented, more white space (leading) is needed between paragraphs.
9. Use numerals instead of bullets. They make your list more interesting and important.
10. Use serif type for body copy because it's easier to read.
Back to Articles Main Page Next Article